Posting link to a few pics of the C17

Hope this works (just loaded these onto picasa...)

http://picasaweb.google.com/rbrento/ChesapeakeLightcraft17#

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Posting link to a few pics of the C17

Great pics!  Interesting way you pieced your deck together, I'm guessing that leaves you with very clean bow & stern lines (i.e., no seams)???  I might have tried that had I considered it (went strictly by the plans).

Look forward to seeing the coaming after all those clamps come off (and man, that's a lotta clamps!).

Larry

Well, the deck piece-out was a result of adopting this boat from someone else.  They chose to have it pieced out at the cockpit rather than at the stern or bow. 

I don't think I would have chosen to do it that way.  I am thinking that there is a lot of stress at the cockpit area and it would be better to have only one seam there.  But it is done and still looks pretty good.  We'll see how it holds up!

I wouldn't sweat those joints at the cockpit, epoxy is amazing stuff.  The reinforcing wood pieces beneath the deck add additional stiffness, and the coaming will provide an all around firm ridge, giving strength along those joints.  Should work fine.

Larry

Great pics and looks like a great boat in the making.
Thanks for sharing the pics

Dan 

Thanks for your encouragements.  I have now posted the pics of the now completed un-clamped coaming.  You will see that I neglected to pretty-up the cockpit interior for your visit.  Hope you don't mind!

http://picasaweb.google.com/rbrento/ChesapeakeLightcraft17#

I am envious of your progress, I have some painting projects in the house, rebuilding of sliding glass doors, and a washing machine that is not working in a rental home of mine and it is freezing cold here especially for Florida, 22 degree F, this am, so my combing still looks like my last pics. Yours has come a long way, keep up the good work.  I still hope to do a maiden voyage with the kayak club here mid January!

Dan 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.