Wood Duck Class: Time Lapse Video

Since last week was the first Wood Duck class within range of the ShopCam, we captured enough stills to assemble a cool time-lapse sequence.  Six Wood Ducks;  five 12's and one 10.  Click HERE or watch below:

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Wood Duck Class: Time Lapse Video

John

This is great!   I'm just getting to the attach deck to hull stage of mine, and this raised a few questions.

1)  What is the plastic/elastic wrap that was used during deck attachement (I would, if possible, enjoy leaving out a few stitches).

2)  It looks like the coaming is fiberglassed.  I don't see that described in the manual v2.2, but may have missed it.  Is the fiberglass placed just on top, or is it also worked down along the sides of the coaming?

thanks, Phil

It's a packing film available at shipping stores. It's sort of like industrial-strength saran wrap. One of God's gifts to boatbuilders. It was 10 bucks for the roll in the picture here, I still have most of it after building 2 boats and a carbon fiber mast.

Laszlo 

I just finished a wood duck 10 and did not fiberglass the coaming. I don't think it needs it.

Jerry

Thanks for the help.  Phil

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.