Pre-Drilled Holes on Wood Duck 12 kit

I am working on my first build, a Wood Duck 12 from a kit.  I have the hull completely stitched together and was ready to start on the hull when I realized that none of my deck panels had any holes pre-drilled in them.  Is this normal?  It doesn't seem like it is because the manual never mentions drilling this many holes.  I think I am dead in the water at this point because I don't know where to start stitching or where to place my forms (those are also mssing  holes).

Anyone seen this before, and any advice?

Here is my build log by the way: http://www.coyte.net/

Thanks!

Steve

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Pre-Drilled Holes on Wood Duck 12 kit

Mine had all those holes drilled. You need to call the customer support number and figure out with CLC what to do next.

Laszlo

Thanks for the confirmation Laszlo. I figured that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking something. Also thanks for your Wood Duck web wite, it has been a great reference point for me so far and I just hope I can do as good a job as you did when I finish my Wood Duck.

Steve

You will find that more holes are needed where stress is greatest - there should have been at least 2 on each side of the back side panels, on the stern triangle, mine had one at each corner.  Then I added a bunch (a lot) more to pull the panels into the triangle area.

Keep going, it only get more fun.

All Wood Ducks have the holes pre-drilled in all parts. Get in touch.  I know we had a Shearwater missing those holes get through at one point.  Has anyone else seen this?  

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.