Our Passagemaker...

We love it....

Here are some photos..

http://www.steamboataerials.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=22

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Our Passagemaker...

I hope you've gotten your first passagemaker mow of the season in.  We just did ours today, much later than I had hoped.  We should be back in the water after a major overhaul in a few weeks...

Mow mow mow your boat...

What a beautiful boat and beautiful family. You should be very proud.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Tom

What a wonderful way to raise a family! We raised two daughters at sea (my oldest is on passage from The Canary Islands to Antigua as I write this and my younger one is building a Shearwater so the salt must have stayed on them) and they learned life’s lessons in a great environment. I wish you and your family peace. SEEYA Jack

Great Pictures: Are those hatches in the Aft and Forward seat areas? I also like the non-skid tape on the floor, I might put that on mine which is probably a month or so near to finish.

Alan

Before deciding to make a boat, I had heard about the need to touch up the varnish occasionally, and I was ok with that.  Frankly, if I had realized that epoxied boats also require mowing, I don't think I ever would have started one.  (We did have a sailboat on the Chesapeake once that needed a little mowing now and then, if you didn't quite get the anti-fouling paint all the way up to the waterline and the weather got real warm.  But it was not really much of a job, just a quick trim with the weedwhacker.)

Anway, for my lawn, the best tip I've discovered is dandelions, which are very low maintenance and seem to crowd out the grass enough to keep mowing to a minimum, so I will try that on the Sharpie once I get her done.

But yes, them are sure cute kids you both have there, and they're lucky to have parents who know the joys of small boats.

ATTENTION MONBOAT.   Instead of non-slip tape (which over time can lift) I applied non-slip marine paint to the soles of my craft - when dry it feels like medium-coarse sandpaper, but not strong enough to cut or scrape the skin in normal use.  It comes in various colours, and can be applied 'all-over' or just in strips or shaped areas by using masking tape.   I rolled it on.   I find it gives me a feeling of security when stepping in or out, even when it's wet, as I have limited feeling in my feet due to a neurological problem.

Wordsmith

ps - great looking kids, remind me of my own two flaxen-haired cherubs long, long ago!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.