Paul G, which oars are you using in your MC?

I'm trying to figure out which oars to buy for my MC 16.5.  The Super Comp Lites are $500 which seems expensive to me. 

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Paul G, which oars are you using in your MC?

I also see there are three different versions of the rowing unit for different CLC boats and of course the MC model is one of the more expensive models.  Anyone know why?

I have the Super Comp Lites.  Yes they are expensive, but they are very nice and extremely light.  I don't know if you can maybe get them for less from another supplier, but any pair of oars like that are going to be pricey.

The only difference in the row winds is the various fit-kits for the different boats.  You could save a few bucks by ordering without the fit kit, but then you still need to mount it in the boat.  I think the fit kit includes the mounting blocks that go in the boat, plus the "L" brackets that bolt to the end of the main beam of the rowing unit.  I suspect those brackets are whee the money goes.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I'm sure I'll just buy it all from CLC.  I may have to pay a few bucks more, but at least I know the row wing will fit properly.

Jeff,

It looks like you can save about $29 if you buy the oars directly from Dreher.  Might be worth considering.  I would not however mess with buying the row rig from Piantedosi.

Another option is to look on the Home Built Boat Bazar.  I have seen roing rigs for sale there.

Good Luck

Paul

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.