Finished and splashing tomorrow or Saturday

My MC 16.5 is done!  I started on April 3, 2010 and finished today, June 17, 2010.  I'm going to take a few moe photos of it in the water this weekend.

14 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finished and splashing tomorrow or Saturday

A few more photos.  I forgot that this site does it's own cropping.

Oh well, I have a few duplicates

Way to go Jeff you did it ..have fun getting her wet.. Thank you for your help on posting pictures --I have been pushing the build on  the duck and I have not had the time yet--Cheers CZ

Jeff

I stumbled upon your posts and found them interesting.  Great Job

What color is that on the hull.?

To answer you post about hitting dead line; I bought my shearwater hybrid last may on my 51st birthday with goal to finish by my 52 May 17, now it looks like I'm going to paint my hull and I doubt that I'll be done in time....oh well

how is your MC handling?

It looks nice. What did you use as an overlay? So have you named your pirate boat?

Ralph

Congrats, I finished mine a few weeks ago and have had it out several times. It's very stable, even in the ocean, and faster than the tupperware doubles. Mine is a hybrid so heavier I think than the ply deck MC16.5. I wish it were lighter but once it's in the water the weight seems to be an advantage. It's rock steady and tracks very well. Thought I might need a rudder but that does not seem to be a problem. Hope you enjoy yours as well as we do.

Great boat-love the overlay...ARRRR Matey!

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about taking my yak out for a paddle and decided check in here to see what is happening.  Surprisingly, I see a few quesitons about my MC 16.5.  The paint is Brightsides and I believe it was called dark blue or navy.  The overlay is Sapele Pommele.  I still plan to install the sliding seat and use her as a rowing boat.  I've got a serious desire now to build a wood duck.

This is the project I'm trying to finish now.  I have few more weeks worth of work.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/limulus/DSC_0487.jpg[/IMG]

OK, I'll try again.  I have possibly forgotten how to post photos.

OK, you can see 3/4 of her.  That's enough to see she is made of wood.

Jeff,

Does it paddle well?  :-)

Seriously, real nice!

David 

David,

I don't even know if she floats...yet.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.