Meet at the Beach: Groton, CT, June 5th

Here's a great chance to try out a bunch of kayaks.  There ARE in-water demos at the WoodenBoat Show later in June, but it's not as easy to try a bunch of different kayaks at that show as it is at this casual gathering. 

For more info, Click Here

We're hauling 17 boats to Meet at the Beach:

Kaholo SUP

Shearwater 14 Hybrid, Shearwater 16, Shearwater 17

Shearwater Double

Night Heron Stitch-and-Glue

Night Heron High Deck

Chesapeake 16LT, 16, 17LT, 17

Wood Duck 10, 12, 12 Hybrid, 14

Matunuck Surf Kayak

Annapolis Wherry

Note that Nick Schade will also have his Petrel there along with several other Guillemot designs.

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Meet at the Beach: Groton, CT, June 5th

hope to get there with my petrel bring a freind and my son i'm sure they will want to try a few of your kayaks

Looking forward to trying the NH high deck - I was hoping you would have one there. I'll be bringing my daughter's new Ganymede - it goes into the paint shop tomorrow - and possibly my Merganser 17W if I can get both on top of the car. -Wes

John, CLC      It looks like you are going to have a great representation of boats coming to the "Meet at the Beach" gathering. But I was a bit disappointed not to see the "Einbaum Canoe" not on the list http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/canoes/traditional_canoes/dugout.html . One of my high school buddies "Fred Flintstone" had one and raved about it all the time, He liked it so much that when the hull rotted out he added a roller on each end and made a car out of it. That was many years ago, I heard that he left the quarry and went into acting.       See you at the beach on the 5th      Barney  (aka Tom C)

We are planning on going up early Saturday morning from PA. If the weather holds out Stephanie and I will camp out Saturday night in Mystic. Hope to enjoy some paddling and fishing Sunday around Mystic and Little Narragansett.

Susan and I will be there and my daughter is coming down from Boston to meet us. Three boats on the Fit should be fun...1 wooden and 2 plastic

Will CLC be going to this event again this year?

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.