Interlux Schooner in Mass.

Friends,

Any ofyou guys in Eastern MA (I live in Concord) know where I can buy Interlux Schooner in greater Boston?

Much appreciated,

John

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Interlux Schooner in Mass.

West Marine stocks it. The nearest store to you is probably Woburn. -Wes

Wes, they actually STOPPED stocking it (according to the Dedham and Woburn stores I called).

I want to get schooner gold here in NY the closeest west marine store was 28 miles i called they did not stock it but they ordered it for me over the phone

Bummer. I saw it recently at both the Hyannis and Falmouth stores. Guess I shoulda bought some then. I may use Minwax Helmsman Marine Urethane on my daughter's Ganymede. I put it on the deck of my Merganser hybrid last year. It doesn't last as long as real varnish, but gives the same UV protection and is a whole lot easier and quicker to apply. -Wes

John, 

Give Defender marine a try (www.defender.com).  They have great prices on varnish... I think I paid $23 a quart for Epifanes, which West sells for $40+.  Since they're out of central CT, you'll get the materials within 2 days of ordering.  I'm right next door in Billerica, btw.  Didn't know there was another builder so close by.  

~Chris  

Dont know where to get it in Mass. I think Jamestown marine in Bristol RI has it, you can buy from them online.

I am in Attleboro, built two wd's this winter a 10 and 12 .

Maybe we need a mass basd okumefest??

David 

Maybe the Masses should come down to Bluff Point in Groton CT. for "Meet at the Beach" on June 5th. It is sort of a new England version of the OkoumeFest. http://www.clcboats.com/boatbuilding_classes/44.html  This has been Nick Schade's baby over the years and he does a great job with it, would you expect anything less from him. Word is out that some of the CLC fleet will be there.

My wife and I will be there. Sounds like a fun day.

Would love to go, but its my niece's 2nd birthday party.  Every weekend in June before my wedding already seems to be booked up!

~Chris

Looks like a real possibility for me and the wife. Sounds like a nice chance to get the Ducks wet.

David

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.