Posted by CLC on Dec 1, 2005

Internally they're known as "toggles," "hatch dogs," "hatch tabs," and "those things." Mark Rogers calls them "latches," which is as good a name as any.

One failure mode I've encountered is that if the latches are left in one spot for awhile on a freshly varnished deck, they can become glued in place. Probably a squirt of silicone spray will keep them moving freely. You'll rue the silicone spray when it comes time to re-varnish, but lacquer thinner will cut silicone.

In Response to: Spin tabs by LeeG on Dec 1, 2005



Follow us on Instagram: @clcboats & @clcteardrop