Re: the right 'yak

Posted by Dave Houser on Jul 29, 2005

Depends on what you intended use is. If you are going to scuba dive from a kayak you will want a rotomolded SOT designed for diving. You gotta have the well for the tanks. If you are touring and/or camping you cannot beat a touring closed deck. Devoted fishermen tend to use a SOT so they can load a ton of junk on them and have easy access to the gear and bait tank and to bounce off rocks and piles without real damage. And then there is whitewater and surfing. Do not forget a SOF is just pure cool to have. Looks like you need five or six just to start.

In Response to: the right 'yak by Jeff Lewis on Jul 28, 2005



Follow us on Instagram: @clcboats & @clcteardrop