Filling the bucket

Posted by J.Schott on Jun 21, 2005

I added some more pictures of the new boat. The veneer was an absolute pain in the rear, but seeing it under glass makes it all worthwhile. After I got the veneer down I realized it needed somthing else. An accent to give it more definition. So off to Woodcraft I went to get some black iron on strips. Only one problem, they don't carry them. The clerk pointed out a new product they are carrying called Inlace. He told me that it was an epoxy inlay material. As it turns out it actually is a polyester based product. It worked perfectly for what I wanted to acheive. I taped off the stripe and used it like it was paint. Before it hardened I pulled the tape and I couldn't be happier. The veneer is called Mottled Makore. The pattern of waves actually changes with the angle of view. It looks like flames depending on the angle you look at it from. I dyed it cardinal red to give it contrast from the okume and with some more epoxy and varnish, it should really glow in the sunlight. Now I have to get up an hour early in the morning to trim the overlap. Off to bed I go-Joey

Photos from "Schott Skunkworks"



Follow us on Instagram: @clcboats & @clcteardrop