Re: epoxy vapour toxic?

Posted by addison on Oct 7, 2004

you can build it in the basement ( I have ) but do take some precautions to avoid breathing the vapors while it cures and when sanding.

building in the basement can expose others in the house as the vapors migrate to the other rooms.

get a good respirator to use anytime you are mixing and applying the epoxy.

put an exhaust fan in the room that has an exit to the outdoors. I found that a bathroom type exhaust fan will work. my goal in running the fan is not to keep the room air so fresh that I don't need the mask but to keep negative air pressure so that no fumes go to the rest of the house. when I do a large epoxy job I just leave the fan on for 3 or 4 hours while it cures.

In Response to: epoxy vapour toxic? by rk on Oct 7, 2004



Follow us on Instagram: @clcboats & @clcteardrop