Another Duck gets to the water!

Ran over to the pond this evening to get the boat wet!

It Floats!

This WD10 is my wifes, glad i am going with a WD12, at 210 I feel a little big for the 10 footer.

Construction of the WD12 commences this weekend. Taking a week of Vacation to get it in the water by Memorial Day, really hoping I can get it in for The OkumeFest!

David 

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Another Duck gets to the water!

NICE!  that is one sweeeeet looking varnish job!

just put the second coat of epoxy on the interior of my wife's WD12 (damn we're good husbands ;)  planned launch first of June, will post pics then.

Great job David,

You are an inspiration to myself and others to get our projects finished.

( another husband building a duck for his wife )

Lou

I think we need to start a new support group:  "Hi, my name's Dave and I am building a duck for my wife"

Well done, David. Now, you need to be sure that when you build your WD12 that you don't use all the skills and little tricks that you learned from her WD10 to make yours look better than hers. Remember, the cardinal rule (if you expect to be allowed to monopolize the garage for a boatshop til the end of time) is - hers must look better than yours.

Welcome to the fleet,

Laszlo

That's why I built mine first, Lasz.

Great work, looks wonderful

Dan-Fl 

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. As you all know, or will find out, it is really a great feeling to paddle a boat that you built for yourself! (or your wife)

Happy Paddling

David

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.