Wood Duck 12 Launched in Fort Bragg, CA

We completed and launched our Wood Duck 12 on April 10, 2010 on Fort Bragg's Noyo River.  Here is a link to our photo gallery of the building process and launch including a video of rolling the Wood Duck 12.  We hope that you enjoy our photo gallery.

12 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Wood Duck 12 Launched in Fort Bragg, CA

Just looked at the online pictures. That's  a beautiful clean build.  Lovely lines, smoothly faired.  Congratulations.

very nice.  I just glassed the interior of my wife's WD12... getting there!

I really liked the video of rolling ;)  Question, the spray skirt, or should I say half spray skirt, it looks like a Seals, but could not find it on their website, found one similar.  Where did you get it?  Model number?

never mind, found it.  Thanks for the idea :)  Happy paddling!

Wow!

I'd have bet real money that that boat was unrollable. Thanks for posting that video. Welcome to the fleet.

Laszlo

Nice job on the boat and thanks for the roll demonstration--I asked on another post if it was do able in a duck and no on said if it was or not--CZ

Nice job. I have a WD 12 in the east Bay area. Have you taken it out in the ocean or harbor or just along the river so far?

Ralph

great roll !!!!  that is something i need to learn.  just getting started so i am sure that on the list of things to learn. 

Ralph.....east bay area?  i am in fairfield.  i am building a matunuck and will build a c17 after the matunuck is done.  where do you take your wd12?  curious to know where people go to paddle. 

Наращивание ногтей у дипломированного м&

Доброго времени суток! Наращивание ногтей в эксклюзивном варианте можно заказать у лучшего мастера вы можете позвонив по телефону (495)3049502 нарастить ногти дешево в фотографиях вы можете увидеть на сайте мастера http://nogtivip.narod.ru ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Очень класная сигнализация Эпиляция и наращивание н огтей

TCdave, my 1st few paddles were near you at the Suisun slough. I haven't got out much but I have also tried Lafayette Reservoir, below Folsam Dam (I can't remember the nave- where CLC brings their boats to show near Nimbus parkway), last summer I had a lot of fun at Utica Reservoir- up Hwy 4 near Bear Valley. Some nearby places places I have thought of include Consumes (sp?) river preserve, Napa River, San Pablo Reservoir, and out near Franks Track in the delta.

thanks Ralph for the new locations to try.  i have a sot plastic 12' kayak thati have taken a few places. i have paddled the suisun slough, pismo beach(this got me interested in the matunuck), san pablo reservoir, and the nimbus area when the clc boats traveling show was there. with the summer coming up i will be out learning more about paddling a kayak. i took a sea kayaking class at half moon bay.  that was very interesting.  i am thinking of taking more classes to expand my knowledge.  i am ready for the summer!!  if you hear of or try and enjoy an area, let me kknow.  i will do the same.   

Ralph and TC Dave,

Regarding places to paddle in the Bay area.  Check out the Bay Area Sea Kayakers.  They have an exapansive membership that includes beginners through advanced paddlers all over the Bay and surrounding areas.  You should definitely check out their trip planner with logistics on different places to paddle around the Bay area.  They are also having a "homemade boat" padde in May for members who have built their own kayaks.

The Mendocino Coast is about 3-3/12 hours away from the Bay Area and offers fine paddling for your boats.  The Noyo, Albion, and Big Rivers are beautiful calm water estuaries.  Coastal paddling in the ocean is a bit more rugged and definitely requires proper preparation.  Feel free to give us a call if you are ever heading our way so that we can have a wooden kayak paddle party.

Cate

Liquid Fusion Kayaking

Maybe I should mention that with rentals in the last few years I (and my family) had a lot of fun paddling in Monteray Bay - SOT, and canoes on the Russian River. I just didn't have my WD-12 with me.

Cate, I have seen the BASK web site but haven't spent much time on it. I have also seen the Liquid Fusion page and thought it might be fun to go there some-time. 

Ralph

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.