pocketship in the hangar...

Check out the live shop cam for a look at the new boat getting fitted out. Pretty nice looking boat. Looking forward to seeing it Friday.

George K

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: pocketship in the hangar...

Looks very nice.  I am certainly going to buy the plans when they become available.  Wish they had a little more brightwork on deck.  Looks like it could be a fiberglass boat from this angle.  Maybe it is covered for protection?  I hope so.  Anyone know have an idea of how many people could sit comfortably in the cockpit? 

John more pictures of the construction, please!

The chimpanzee on the rail is a nice touch...

Looks like the Commodore is having a late night, fitting out Pocketship.  Won't be long before Ofesters can inspect his work...

Wonder if the peanut gallery noticed me spending 20 minutes looking for the wrenches to the router.

>>>>>>Wish they had a little more brightwork on deck. 

Me too.  But life is like that---better a PocketShip now, than an all-varnished PocketShip never.  Which was pretty much the proposition Geoff Kerr offered me.  (Lots of varnish = Lots of time.  He didn't have the time and I didn't have the money.  I do hope the do-it-yourselfers will indulge themselves with bright-finished hulls.)  Geoff paints all his boats, and may I say they look sublime. 

So this one is mostly painted.  Between varnished spars, rails, etc., no one will ever mistake it for a plastic boat, although the ShopCam's low resolution doesn't do the finish any favors.  Also, the fisheye ShopCam lens seems to squash the boat longitudinally.  It really isn't that squat in person.

Staged photo.  It didn't really fit through the door that way. 

...and lights are on in the shop early this morning!  This really is crunch time, I guess.  That looks like the main boom cradle that was getting finished last night.

>>>>>better a PocketShip now, than an all-varnished PocketShip never.

No worries John.  It is a beautiful design and I do like the paint job.  I just got used to the final version looking like the picture on the main PocketShip page.  I will be one of the first customers to purchase the plans.  Fact is when it comes time, I may opt to paint it completely myself.  I would love a lot of brightwork on my boat but I also have a wife and three children.  Just finding time to build the damn thing will be tough enough.

How about some stills for those of us who work at companies where streaming video is blocked?

Laszlo

Okay--it is back in the hanger.  It got its sea trials at Ofest.  Lots of beautiful pictures have been posted of a beautifully finished boat.  I know there are details to be worked out, but . . .

I am lusting after a set of plans!!!!  Maybe even a kit.  When, oh, when?  Please put me (and I am sure, lots of others) out of misery and cut loose with some plans.  

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.