Free Kayaks

I went to look at a force five sailboat this guy had for sale and saw two wood kayaks on the ground. When I asked about them he said " you want them take em, for free".  They're both 17ft and one has a clc sticker on it the other I'm not sure of the design. One needs some deck repair and both need sanding, paint and varnish. I'll post pics, when I figure how, to get some suggestions on how to tackle the repair. What a great find.

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Free Kayaks

20211208_115311.jpg

Okay, so this isn't going well so far

Hi Lostboy, 

CLC has a nice reference on repair that you might find useful:

https://www.clcboats.com/shoptips/epoxy_and_fiberglass/surviving-catastrophe.html

post some more pictures so we can see what's up....but the link above is a great starting point.

h

Location, location, location?

Lostboy,   I guess I was a little quick on the trigger with the last post.  Re-reading the original, I now think it implies that you've taken possession of the two boats for yourself, correct?

Yes the kayaks are in my yard. Thanks for the lead on the shop tips. I'm experienced at boat building, having built two Kaholo's from plans and a 16ft mahogany runabout, the malahini, a glen-l design. I was just looking for options from a large pool of experienced kayak builders who have probably had similar damages to repair. Both yaks are in decent shape, I'm not sure of the models but one has a clc sticker on it, the one with yellow trim, not sure if the other is a clc design or not, they have different hull shapes. Gotta make room in my basement, brush the snow off them and bring them in for refurbishment.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.