I did it, I bought my second clc

So, while I will continue to debate my third sail boat build I have ventured fourth and bought the CLC shearwater sport sectional kayak. (they may be a bit perplexed with my purchase of another set of oar locks but eh)

I chose a kayak because a few of the male friends I have go out and kayak but have not been interested in sailing, so I figure I can build to join them. I had thought about an ultralight skin on frame but really wanted the ability to just toss everything I need into the car and go without fiddling. the sectional seems perfect for this.

I'll give the occasional update and likely the occasional question but just thought I would share, anyone who is also building this we may be able to do a "cohort" build.

I am also pleased to be making greenland paddles, I might make a few of them just for fun!

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: I did it, I bought my second clc

The struggle is real!  I've been debating my third boat since I was in the middle of building my second boat (Passagemaker).  Alas, I am straying from the CLC world and am delving into John Welsford's and Dudley Dix' designs, but I'm still a proud builder/owner/operator of my PM.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.