Passagemaker Standard: fillet the inside of the upper strakes?

I have my transoms and bulkheads filleted. Now I need to fillet between the hull and #1 panels in prep for interior fiberglass. Here is my main question (that I don't see answered in the manual): Will I ever fillet between the other strake panels? Or do I sand them smooth/even (after the fillets applied to the outside)? There is a good lip there otherwise, so I imagine I do one of those tasks.

Also, I definitely have a bit of sanding to make the fillets more presentable. They are smooth-ish but still need some work. Can  that wait until the boat is built and I'm ready to start prepping for paint/varnish?

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Passagemaker Standard: fillet the inside of the upper strakes?

I reached out to the fb group to get a response, and apparently you do not fillet the inside bottom of the 2,3,& 4 strakes, which I suppose is why it is not mentioned in the manual.  I will only sand the overhang gently to remove rough edges.

I was just about to ost the same question, both because I didn't see anything in the manual on point and also because some of the photos in the manual looked like interior fillets were present.  So, notwithstanding the answer to the original post, has anyone put fillets on the interior strakes?  If. Can't be vpcertain that the exterior tack welds filled the seam is that any reason to do interior fillets?

Separately, I don't see any clear instruction as to when the non- fiberglassed interior gets finished with unthickened epoxy.so would like advice on this question as well.

Thanks

Sorry it's taken me so long to post an answer.  I actually did fillet betweel all of the other strakes.  I find that when heeled over, you put your foot higher up to brace yourself and I didn't want to damage the interior edges of the plywood.  I also painted non-skid up the sides.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.