Passagemaker Outboard Mount

Greetings All,

I want to get an outboard for my PMD but am not sure how to mount it in a way that won't interfere with the rudder. The Honda 2.3 has my attention, but I am open to suggestions.

I'm grateful for any advice on how to safely mount it to the transom.

Thank you,

Charlie

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Passagemaker Outboard Mount

You'll need to unship the rudder to use an ourboard.  I'm assuming you installed the motor mount doubler on the transom.  The mounting brackets on that motor should straddle the transom knee okay.  You might use an old mouse pad or something similar between the motor and the transom to keep from chewing it up and dampen the vibration a bit, but be sure to screw things down good and snug and check later to make sure it ain't wiggled loose on you.

.....Michael

RE: Passagemaker Outboard Mount

Thanks, Michael. I want to be able to leave the rudder in place so I can easilly hoist the sail and kill the engine like the larger boats I sail. I know it has been done. On CL a guy was selling his PMD with an outboard, but he did not respond to my requests for info about his mounting method. Simply beefing up the port or starboard transmom and incorporating your mouse pad idea is the easist thing to do. Thanks again.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.