Passagemaker Sailing The Dinghy for sale

Passagemaker Sailing The Dinghy for sale.

We bought this gorgeous little boat to use as a Dinghy but it is just too big so sadly we are selling her.

There are a few other passage makers out there for sale that may be a little younger so I have priced our 2012 Passagemaker Sailing Dinghy to sell.

we just pulled her out of the water and she's very clean and ready to enjoy fall sailing!

we are eager to make a deal.

asking $3500 or best offer

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Passagemaker Sailing The Dinghy for sale

Need advice.  We need to sell our clc Passagemaker Sailing dinghy.  I am not sure how to post photos here.  I have photos on Facebook market place and craigslist and sailboat listings.  Anyone able to shed light on why this sweet boat is not sold?

My first thoughts on why it is not selling are, there are no pictures and no location.

Other reasons why it may not be selling:

1. This is the tech support forum. Boats for sale are at https://www.clcboats.com/forum/bazaar/. Here you get builders, there you get buyers.

2. You've only waited 2 days between posts. It usually takes more time than that.

3. Usually, unless the boat is something really special, people only pay the parts cost, if that. Is that fair? No, but that's the way the market generally works. You're asking at or over the parts cost but then saying that it's a 9 year old boat with no pictures to show how wonderful it is. That's not a clear message.

ixlr8 is right, you need pictures, lots of them, and a location so that buyers will know if getting hold of the boat will be a hassle or not.

Instructions on how to post pictures on the CLC forum are here.

Good luck,

Laszlo

I may have found your sailboatlistings.com ad here:

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/92559

...yes?  If so, maybe some better pictures would help.  If you can get her out under sail in good light and decent wind with someone to photograph her as you go, that could make a big difference.

Laszlo's comments regarding pricing for used kit boats are spot on.  Used plywood boats especially can be a hard sell in general.

.....Michael

Thank you all.   I plan to post more photos thank you   And thanks for putting my ad here.  Trying to figure out all the different selling sites!  Thank you much appreciated!

You might also try putting an ad up on sailingtexas.com.  Don't let the name fool you, it isn't just about boats in Texas.  It might be worth putting an classified in Small Craft Advisor magazine, though that sort of thing is obviously not as quick.  CLC advertises there, and the target audience is about right for this boat.  Subscribers get free classifieds, and you can add a photo for a nominal fee.  I did that last year to help a friend sell his Sea Pearl 21, and it did generate some leads.

Hope you find her a good home.

.....Michael

Thank you all!  I SOLD my Passagemaker to a wonderful gentleman today.  He seemed very excited to load her up on the truck and take her home.

Really appreciate the great ideas shared!

wen

Thank you all!  I SOLD my Passagemaker to a wonderful gentleman today.  He seemed very excited to load her up on the truck and take her home.

Really appreciate the great ideas shared!

wen

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.