Modified Peeler Skiff

I made a few changes to my version of the Peeler skiff -- partly to strengthen the hull and partly to make the boat more suitable for fishing and lobstering.  Descriptions of the changes and associated photos are available at http://ipxcourses.org/Peeler_Skiff_Notes.  Skiff builders considering making similar modifications are welcome to contact me for details.  I'd be happy to pass along what I've learned -- both from my adjustments and from my mistakes.

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Modified Peeler Skiff

A great looking build. I filled the floatation tanks with the closed cell foam blocks but I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy. I don't think you mentioned it but I noticed the panel closing off the area under the middle seat. I didn't bother with that but I discovered that the way the instructions have you end the center seat stiffener short of the hull is a mistake. Even with the center console option it leaves that corner of the seat vulnerable to damage when my chunky self steps on the outer end of the seat. 

Have a great time on the water but remember to slow down in a chop. Even with the 15hp this boat can do a sudden direction change when meeting a boat wake at an angle.

Thank you so much for your suggestions and photos, will incoperate your ideas into my new peeler build

Thank you so much for your suggestions and photos, will incoperate your ideas into my new peeler build

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.