"Peapod" Kayak

So....  I attended an Okoumefest in 2014 (among others) where I saw this cute little single kayak/canoe that literally looked just like a peapod made of plywood.  Does anyone remember this boat and know the design and/or where you can get plans for it?  I think you can see the boat being paddled by someone in a light blue shirt and hat in the middle of the picture:

Thanks!

Michael

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: "Peapod" Kayak

wow...what an interesting craft.  i took the liberty of blowing up your picture and reposting it to make it clear the boat you are talking about.  there are actually two of them in the picture....but i enlarged the one that has the best view.   i have never seen that craft before.   bet laszlo knows the answer.

found it:

http://www.huntmarinesurvey.com/rnk_web1_021.htm

its called a 'little dubber'.  information at the link above.

:)

h

Oh my goodness!  Yes!  That is it.  Thank you so much!

Howard beat me to it. I remember seeing it at at least one O-fest, possibly more. It reminded me of a wooden shoe :-) I also have a vague memory of it winning some kind of award.

Laszlo

Thanks guys.  I contacted Peter today for the plans.

What a fascinating picture! You've got two cute little Dubbers -- with rudders to keep them from spinning like toy tops. A guy passed out prone on a paddleboard. A black and white "stealth" kayak that doesn't seem to need a paddle. And finally some kind of complicated kayak rescue/resurrection in the background!

Thanks for providing a piece of good information for my kayak trip event. 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.