Finished WD-12

I finished my WD-12 last weekend, it came in at 39 lbs with the seat & rigging. I think it will be a few weeks before I get a maiden voyage. If I can figure out how to add a picture -or get the photo on the web, I will.

The deck is bright with a light blue hull that has a white stripe at the top of the hull. 

Ralph 

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finished WD-12

Congratulations Ralph.  I'm just about to start the varnish and paint on my Wood Duck 10 - I'm thinking about bright deck, white hull, and navy bottom.  If you can, it would be a great help to see pictures of your boat.

Many thanks.

Yes Ralph - congrats and post pictures. If all else fails, you can e-mail me a few and I can host them on my server and post them for you here.

Looks like the Spring Duck hatch has started. Along with yours & Laurie's Ducks, Kim's 12 is almost ready to go and mine will hit the water in a week. Wonder how close Julie and Chris are?

Well done, Ralph, 

Laszlo

Let's see if this photo upload will work

Completed WD-12

Ralph

That photo didn't work. Let's try this link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26240492@N03/2462739902/

Here's your picture Ralph....beautiful work!

Very nice. Looks nothing like any WD12 I've seen before, completely unique finish. Good job.

Laszlo

This is just beautiful Ralph.  I'm assuming the best sequence is varnish first, paint second?  I'm going to try something similar and this photo really helps.

Thanks!

Thanks for the comments. Yes Laurie I varnished 1st on the deck, with some going down the sides, then painted. For the paint I did two coats of preKote & sanded (trying to even out some runs of epoxy) then two coats of blue, 2-3 of white.

Lazlo & Mr. Kim, yours are looking good! 

Ralph 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.