Annapolis Wherry Tandem Build Complete

My son and I both lost our jobs due to COVID, so....he helped me build a boat tha my wife and I have talked about for four years.  And he put together this video on the build.  The total build took us 5 weeks.  At least one thing a day that I'd do differently on a second build but we were on a timeline and had to keep it moving.  In the end, though, a fantastic experience.  We've rowed her about 10 times now and much, much, much prefer her to a rowing shell.  More stable and more fun for two old rowers.    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFmaG7WQWw

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Annapolis Wherry Tandem Build Complete

first, sorry about the loss of job due to covid - the pain in the community due to the pandemic is terrible and my thoughts are with you.

second, congratulations on your build and the inspiring video.   i am on the final step with my nephew, whose college was interupted due to covid, of building a boat with him...but the record of our work will never match the creativity and fun of what you just posted here.

that said, we did order 'brand-like' stickers (e.g., EPIC Kayaks, Wilderness Systems, etc)  for the new craft.    While the boat is a night heron, the sticker will say 'Pandemic 2020'.....so when somebody asks what it is, that's what we're going to say.

h   

Sounds like a great idea!  Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished project!

We almost named ours "Lemonade"😁

Looks like you had great fun during the build, we completed ours to a point we could launch yesterday, "Libelle".

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.