Recessed handle for Kaholo

I'm wondering if others have installeded manufactured recessed handles in their Kaholo builds.  I am used to recessed handles in the manufactured boards that I use, and am sure that is the way I want to go.  I have looked at various brands and wanted others input before ordering.  

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Recessed handle for Kaholo

If I had it to do over I'd put a backing panel under the deck,dead center Between  foot pads and attach the handle there

Hey Greg, I just ordered a Kohola 12.5 Hybrid kit for my wife, so I am making notes/plans for the build.  I like the idea of a single handle in the middle.  Where do you find the fore-aft balance point?  Another way to ask the same question, would you place the handle equal distant between bow and stern?  Also, did you put any (or would you recommend) tie downs on the bow and stern for car top transport?  I am a pretty experienced builder so not to worried about that part, but I have zero SUP experience so looking for rigging suggestions.  Thanks

The manual that comes with your Kaholo kit will tell you where to place the backing block and center-mounted handle.  On the 12-6 it goes between bulkheads 5 and 6.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.