Interlux Intergrip

Anyone regret using Interlux Intergrip?  Standard mix ratio?  I'm finishing a peeler build and like the option of being barefoot without slipping but curious if the seats become less comfortable using the intergrip.  Any thoughts?

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Interlux Intergrip

Yukon,

The horizontal surfaces of my Peeler Skiff are painted with Brightsides using both a flattening agent amd InterGrip. I just inspected the boat to see what paint repairs I need to do before launching this season (which will be her 5th spent on saltwater), The only touchup that's needed is where the inwales and outwales expose the plywood edge of the sides. The interior of the boat including the horizintal surfaces with the InterGrip show no deterioration. I've been very happy with the interior and the Intergrip. It's impossible to slip in bare feet even when things are wet. I highly recommend it.

The boat lives on a saltwater mooring in the blazing sun all summer, is subject to the tender mercies of seagulls, and is mostly used for fishing on Narragansett Bay. I chose a workboat interior and I haven't regretted it.

Cheers,

Dick

http://cumulus.aunt-mary.net/images/peeler/

Dick I see you're a MINI fan too!

I've owned and driven four of the MINI models since about this time in '02 though the first only for 6 months while my '03 S was a'building. Next came an '07 S (lemon that one) traded for my current '13 Clubman.

You have any regrets pulling a trailer with yours? My hitch just arrived, ordered a 220S today for my Waterlust to ride around on when she's not carrying be about later this year.

I can't believe 300 lbs of trailer + watercraft'd have much negative effect on manual transmission but I've been advised the OEM clutch might suffer a bit if I forget to stay off it when not needed.

(There was that '65 A-C 1275-S too 50+ years back, I drove for a couple years... fond memories getting about on it's 10" wheels! Guess that makes 5?!)

Spclark,

The MINI in the picture is a 2003 manual transmission car with 4 large standard MINI disk brakes. Its rated towing capacity is 1500 lbs so it has no trouble towing a Peeler Skiff and its gear. The only problem I had was backing down boat ramps with the entire view out the back filled with the boat. Visibility when towing towing is fine. The MINI sideview mirrors are in the perfect location. My newest (2013) MINI does not have a hitch because the boat now lives on a mooring and my son-in-law and grandson both have trucks with hitches to launch in May and haul in October.

Cheers,

Dick

Dick if your '13's got a sunroof I'll warn you about a tendency for its gutter drains to wreck havoc on your electrics should they do what mine did 3 weeks ago: one had somehow come undone...

Three days parked on my driveway, one w/ wind-blown rain left ~ 3 gallons of water in interior. Dealer wants $3,500 to repair damage. Comprehensive's covering 75% I learned yesterday.

Even with careful attention to making sure they're not plugged from debris apparently it's extremely risky trying to ensure they're free & open as the drain attachment to the gutter outlet doesn't age well, easily separated.

Spclark,

That's terrible! I've never had any water intrusion, but my MINI is garaged. My 2003 had rust develop from inside tje left tail light.

Good luck!

My MINI'd have been garaged too but for the Waterlust canoe going together where I'd have had it parked nights since late last year. Once my canoe's complete I have a HarkenHoister installed, already put to good use when I need to roll hull over or use the building bench under her for some other task, which has proven it's worth many times!

My wife's '06 Cabriolet has our garage's other side 'reserved' and - as with yours and my '03 - shows evident rust at door panel corners & boot lid. My '03 S had that tail light area rust too when I parked it before taking deliver of the '07.

Dealer says I can have my MINI back tomorrow. I'll be driving the '20 S All4 loaner back - very carefully - in the morning. As Madison WI is a COVID-19 hot spot I won't be doing any shopping whatsoever that otherwise would make the 200 mile 4 hour drive less annoying.

Oh and the hitch I'm mounting to my Clubman arrived early last week, the SUT-220S I ordered from CLC last Monday FedEx delivered yesterday. I need to go sand some of the primer I applied yesterday... take care, stay safe!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.