Skerry Waterline

Hello -

I am almost finished building a skerry, and am trying to figure out where to strike the waterline.  The boat will spend weeks at a time in the water, so I am planning to paint the hull with bottom paint up to the waterline.  

I am hoping to paint before getting the boat in the water due to various logistical reasons, but want to get the waterline measurements at least approximately right.  I could not find anything in the manual or plans on this.  Does anyone have any insight into some measurement points I could use, or clear photos of the boat at rest in the water from which I could approximate a waterline?  

Many thanks,

Mark

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Skerry Waterline

The waterline runs just above the points where the front meets the bottom and where the bottom meets the stern.

On drawing nr 1 (2002) which came with my skerry-kit, the waterline  is also indicated at each of the 3 frames.

Ruud

Here's my Skerry moored in the bay, I keep it there for about 6 months of the year so it's anti-fouled to just above the waterline. At the stern the line is about level with the bottom gudgeon pin. I hope this helps.

Mmmm, can't see the photo in the previous post so here it is again. Probably end up with half a dozen pictures now!   :)

Excellent - thank you both!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.