Lighthouse Tender with Mirage Drive?

At the risk of sacrilage, would a mirage drive fit just forward of the centerboard case?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Lighthouse Tender with Mirage Drive?

Not having access to plans (or a full-built one!) I'm judging from the pictures & drawings here when I submit w cautious "maybe" in answer.

I think it just might, if there's adequate room between the 'board trunk and that center mast box.

Be the same dimensional constraints as in the Waterlust's configuration.

Coming up with an ergonomically correct seating arrangement'd be the bigger challenge I'm thinking once a Mirage drive is fitted into the available space.

RE: Lighthouse Tender with Mirage Drive?

Got a little deeper into this once I got hme from work yesterday.

Took the line drawing profile image of the LT off that linked web page above, scaled it up (so I could get an idea of the dimensions avaialable at least as far as length is concerned) using the 13'-5" LWL dimension indicated as my known dimension.

Then I measured the distance between frames 2 & 3 on my Waterlist project hull.

From what I'm getting the Waterlust has an extra 1/2" available - 15-1/2" as measured - where the LT should be real close to 15" in the space you're targeting. So a Mirage drive ought to fit.

Keep in mind that while the Waterlust's hull weight (115 lbs, payload capacity 400 lbs.) the LT's is about 50% greater (160 lbs., 650 lbs. payload) making a serious difference in effort needed to move a loaded LT through the water... kinda like taking gears 1st through 8th off of a 10-speed bicycle...

As this LT project is still very much under development this might be a good time to put your question to John H. & Dillon Majoros, the two folks closest to this project's development effort, for what their thoughts might be!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.