northeaster dory build start

I am finally getting to build my Northeaster dory, got my shop set up and over the last two days have the bulkheads, transom, skeg and bresthook glued up. Now for the clean up before I build the hull panels. I am looking forward to the build and will be posting on the forum if I have any problems I can't figure out.

Thanks Larry

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: northeaster dory build start

Feels good, don't it! Having finally begun to put Tab A into Slot A!

I know I sure felt good setting epoxy to puzzlejoints three weeks ago (after working to get ready for my Waterlust project for nearly three years!) once I could finally get started!

Good luck with your build! Looking forward to hearing about your progress here I am....

���

���

���So I guess I need to write a message first. Then hit post. Sorry bout that! Anyway, great to see you guy ed starting at the same time as me. I look forward to following along. I almost pulled the trigger on the nor'east dory but figured with my little guy the skiff seem a bit more stable. Sean

It feels great to be getting started was very nervous about epoxy work. It took five years to save up the money to finally get the kit planning to take it slow to try and not make too many mistakes. I probably think to much before each step like using clamps from limber  holes to the top of the bulkheads to keep them lined up, but it seemed to have worked. had a lot squeeze out cleaning that up now. On the bright side the alignment of the bulkheads and doublers looks great. Well back to work.

Larry   

���Hey Larry, I had the same trepidation with the epoxy. After 8 pcs I feel pretty good. At least good enough to keep going!. As long as i keep my superman glasses off I'll be ok. Sean

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.