Sea Island Sport

I just received my kit and the packing was super and all looks in great order.  

If anyone has built this model, tips or advise on this model would be greatly welcomed.

Anthony

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Sea Island Sport

I'm building a Sea Island Sport and would like to learn from your experiences, particularly around building and fitting the deck assembly

Tim

I just ordered my Sea Island kit and excited to spend time building this with my 15 year old son.  It is our first build so any tips would be appreciated as well.  I am hoping to post updates as we go.

Micah

If you do not have a plane you can get by with a 10.00 one from Home Depot.  I think it is Buck Brothers or something like that and somethng to sharpen it with, emory cloth ,file etc... Without that tool you will have no so good results. A lare plane on this kit is realy not need as you are only good to bevel thin ply.   ( Bevel he right parts , I beveled most edges prior to assembling the puzzle joint.  Was easier. 

I ended up using fiber reinforced packing tape to adhere the deck to the hull after consulting with Nick Schade by email.  He send me the following link to show the technique:  

https://youtu.be/7qj4ccjiwEE 

It was so much easier that trying to get wires into a tight gap and came out great     

Tim

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.