Skerry sunbathing

in late summer Nantucket sunshine

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Skerry sunbathing

Nice.  Good photography is all about light.

.....Michael

I hope you are submitting this for the contest.

Contest..?

Contest

cheers.

Oh, yes, be sure to submit to the contest.  Even if you don't win any prize money, good photos have a way of ending up in the various CLC photo galleries, which is always fun.  If you get really lucky, you might win the gran prix and have to build another CLC boat!  <;-)

.....Michael

Now, I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'm hoping there's a good story about how you came to be in Nantucket with your lovely boat in such lovely light which would warm the heart of a Midwest sailor stranded here in Landlubber City.  Do tell, please?

.....Michael

Funny you should ask Gramps, I would have assumed the poster was a Nantucket resident but in fact i'm not nor could i ever afford to be.

The Skerry pictured has now crossed the Atlantic 3 times on the deck of a small vessel i live and work aboard. She has therefore been lucky enough to be drawn up on many simillarly picturesque beaches throughout  the Mediterranean  sea, on half a dozen North Atlantic islands, most of Caribbean Antilles and now as many of New England's i can get the time for. Sorry to turn the knife in wound regarding your unfortunate landlocked predicament Gramps. Now i see from CaptainSkully there is repository for sharing shots of some the places we vist with a CLC boat, i can probably post a few more from the archives if it helps.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.