Does anyone recognize this design?

I was on a bike ride across the lake from my cabin and I was ecstatic to see a boat  in a carport that I at first thought to be Autumn Leaves. Nobody was home so I couldn't ask about it and I felt too guilty sneaking into the carport to snap more than one quick photo. It looked too me like a slightly larger version of Autumn Leaves. The basic design was a narrow Bolger box. The cabin has two ports so it might be slightly larger than the one on Autumn Leaves. There was a well for a small outboard motor. It appears to have only a single, tall mast.

Here is a link to a photo.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Does anyone recognize this design?

I'm pretty sure that is a Bay Hen, one of the "Hen" boats (including the diminutive Peep Hen) originally from designer Reuben Trane's Floriday Bay Boatworks.

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/bay-hen-21

Oh, the fun we had looking at the quirky ads in the old Small Boat Journal, gone but not forgotten by boat nuts old enough to remember.

.....Michael

RE: Does anyone recognize this design?

Thanks so much for the info, Michael. Now if I see him on the water (and if I can remember the info), I'll seem to be a very knowing old salt when I hail him and speak about his boat's name and designer. Or maybe I'll forget everything in my moment of excitement. But I am very eager to see his boat on the water this fall.

Jeff

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.