Interlux color chart

I have the plans for the Chesapeake 18 and I plan to use an Interlux brightside white on the whole kayak. However I want to also add international orange code #ff4f00 accents. Obviously I can’t get an Interlux polyurethane in this color. What I’m wondering is can I use a high quality polyurethane from another manufacturer (preferably marine grade) and paint the accents “over” the Interlux white?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Interlux color chart

Of the 23 colors Interlux makes their Brightsides polyurethane available in there's a red #4248 and a yellow #4359 that, blended in some proportion, may get you really close to that ff4f00 colorspec you're looking for!

Understand that the color spec you're giving here (as a web reference value; in sRGB it's 255,79,0 while in CMYK for most web printing it'd translate to C0,M84,Y100,K0) may not be 100% translateable to a color that can be achieved in any system of pigment used in formulating paint.

AkzoNobel has a technical support e-mail address so I'd put this question to them in these terms, maybe they can help steer you to a formula that will work for you with a product that's 100% compatible with what you're using underneath.  They know their products better than anyone, they ought to have an answer for you.

Hope this helps.

RE: Interlux color chart

Thanks spclark for the reply. I actually thought about the red, yellow mix you suggested and that may be as close as I get which I’m sure will be fine. I also emailed interlux tech support and got a quick reply. They state as long as the brightside is fully cured and sanded then any one part poly can be applied over the interlux. That is if I find that quality in a color I’m looking for.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.