Cutout location

I’m building an 11’7” Little Auk. I can’t find any information on where to make the cutout. I think it should be behind the middle but I don’t know how far. Any ideas would be appreciated .    Thanks

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Cutout location

WHat cutout?  Cockpit?  

Yes for the cockpit    

Having never built an Auk I cannot directly answer your question.  My experience is that the level of detail provided regarding cockpit size and location varies significantly depending upon the designer and design.  On my first build, the only detail provided was the location of the center of gravity of the paddler, so I centered my seat on that location and cut the opening several inches behind the seat.  On the other three builds, size, shape and location of the cockpit was specified by templates in the design.  If you are building from kit, I'd ask CLC.  If you bought plans from Nick, shoot him and email.  Picture of my mystery below:

That looks amazing. I sent Nick an email two days ago with no reply yet. I guess I’ll make it slightly larger and then I can adjust the seat accordingly. Thanks for the reply   

Nick sent me a drawing with the measurements    

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.