Launch Day - Northeaster Dory in Swampscott

After +1.5 years of slow and (relatively) steady building, I launched my dory this morning. 

It seemed fitting to launch a boat that was styled after the Swampscott dory, in Swampscott, MA. So that is where I brought her to get wet for the first time. 

Named "himinglava" - after a mermaid from norse mythology, known for brining calm seas and safe travels. 

95% of the work was done during my daughter's nap times, which is why it took so long to finish, but I was pretty successful in building something to use on future family adventures - while not taking away from current family time. 

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Launch Day - Northeaster Dory in Swampscott

All I can say is, "Oh!  What! Boundless!  Joy!"  You, sir, are well and truly blessed with your fine looking boat and fine looking crew.  I wish you all joy of your "girls"!

Judging by the photos, she looks really good.  Your daughter's naps must have been just the right amount of time.  <;-)

.....Michael

Ha!  That's why I started "Midnight-Maker.com" because I couldn't seem to get anything done until the rest of the family went to bed.

Very nice build, and a great anecdote!

I would aprciate to take a look at your dory. I live right down the street from that launch point.  I can bring my  CLC passamaker or a kayak or two.

If possible post the time when you wil be down there again.

Sunday July 21  looks lke agourgeous day.

Anthony

Congratulations on a great looking dory.  My NED is sitting in my garage half finished and you have just lite the spark i needed to get it complete. BTW I love the name!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.