Images hosted on Google are invisible

This has been happening more frequently lately - a poster includes an image that's hosted on Google and it only shows up as a broken link box on the forum unless you;re signed into a Google account. Those without accounts never see the images. Just to make things more confusing, for some images the sign-in is not required while for others it is.

According to Mr. Google, this happens because there are different links, shared and unshared, that are generated for the image.

Posters who want maximum visibility of their images need to be sure to use the link that requires no sign in.

Have fun,

Laszlo

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Images hosted on Google are invisible

Laszlo..thanks for advising.   As an example, could you see my picture in the post about tiller extension?  It did come from my Google album.

Curt

Curt I just looked in on that post, saw nothing but a hollow, square outline shape where your image ought to have been. And I have a Google account as I use their gmail.com service routinely, stay signed-in as long as I don’t have issues with e-mail.

When I ‘clicked’ on that square shape I got a message ‘Image cannot be loaded at this time. Please try again later.’

Now Google did shut down a service early this month that allowed users to post content (Google+) so perhaps that’s why these links aren’t working?

They gave users months of notice of the shut-down, whether they had content hosted there or not, before it was taken down a few weeks ago.

Thanks spclark for the info....how about this?

Does this link work?  This is from the open album on the screen, right click on that picture, then I clicked copy link address

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN2YKRBQZJfI4P1Eth8AZEL1mlzIghWzqGIgblY

Thanks

Curt

Nope.  I get the dreaded 404 error.

Che miseria!  Questi calcolatori sono strumenti del diavolo!

.....Michael

It takes to the sign-in page.

Laszlo

I was using Google+ but because they shut down, I switched to Flickr.  Hosting 1000 picts is free.  Overall I like it.  They have an app for mobile devices and posting to social media in mega-easy.  Posting on this site and other BBs is a little more manual but still not bad.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.