The storm is coming

Stay safe my east coast friends.

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: The storm is coming

I'm sure they are preparing for the storm. It is an unbelieve able amount of work. Just think about moving everything inside that is loose outside. Then think about protecting the windows so outside stays outside. While picking up so the flood dosen't get things on the floor.  We had wind blowing water through the keyholes in our door locksets before.  AND they only have two days and a half days left.

Note this one will cause flooding way inland from rain.  Be wary of small streams and drainage where it normally floods, cause it will with this one.    

At least they get the two and a half days. Here in my home state we have tornados and we get maybe a half hour notice. At that, some folks don't even bother to prepare others stay prepared. I can't imagine what will happen to all the watercraft at the docks.

As much as I like seeing all the boats on the shopcam (although I miss the Peapods), it saddens me that the reason they're there is so they don't blow away.

I also find it a bit ironic that all the folks at Port Townsend are trying to get home after a long road show trip, only to get "cock blocked" by Florence.

No need to be sad on Annapolis' account. With Florence's turn southward, we're looking to have only a blustery rainy day or 2. It's the folks south of Maryland that need your sympathy (and relief donations).

Laszlo

I'm glad to hear that CLC is safe.

Arky said, "   At least they get the two and a half days. Here in my home state we have tornados and we get maybe a half hour notice......"

Thrity minutes is more than it used to be. In '69 our first inclination there was a tornado was when the first shingle came through the window. By the time I got out from under the bed it was all over.  The problem is that hurricanes are often full of tornados. The wind, tornados and rain go on,,,,,,, and on,,,,,, and on.

Arky said, "   At least they get the two and a half days. Here in my home state we have tornados and we get maybe a half hour notice......"

Thrity minutes is more than it used to be. In '69 our first inclination there was a tornado was when the first shingle came through the window. By the time I got out from under the bed it was all over.  The problem is that hurricanes are often full of tornados. The wind, tornados and rain go on,,,,,,, and on,,,,,, and on.

That's true Grumpy.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.