Building Jersey Girl, a mini houseboat

I'm into my third year of building a 20-foot LOA, 8-foot beam houseboat. The hook for this forum is that I've used some of CL:C's excellent finger-jointed okoume sheets for the hull. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think that by this time next year (in Aiugust 2019) I will be launching. The project is inspired by a design by Roy Schreyer (and I'll provide his link in a subsequent post). If you would like to follow my builder's blog, documenting construction from the start, just check out the Facebook page, Jersey Girl the Houseboat.  

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Building Jersey Girl, a mini houseboat

Jim,

Nice project. I've also used the finger-jointed plywood in my projects, it's great stuff.

Houseboats are always appealing. There's just something about being able to see the sun come up over the water every day (along with the possibility of moving to the next stretch when the current one that gets to be too well known) that always calls.

My favorite entry from your blog is July 25th 2017 - I really think that by this time next year, launch will be imminent.  That is so expressive of a typical build. My boats are always ready next spring. It's easier to keep track of :-)

Have fun,

Laszlo

RE: Building Jersey Girl, a mini houseboat

Laszlo, I'm chuckling at your observation. Well, now I really do think that by this time next year, launch will be imminent. And in the meantime, I really AM having fun. Over this week. I've been laminating roof posts from cedar 2 x 4's and shaping them to fit around below-decks framing. I have another full day (tomorrow) that I can work before I take off for a week for a family trip to New Hampshire. It'll be interesting to see how far I can get in the fall before I have to put her in mothballs for the winter. Jim   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.