Pulse Backband

I am just finishing a Night Heron Kayak, and after looking over the instructions for installtion of the Pulse Backband, there are two questions in my mind:

1) The diagram provided shows the side straps being attached to the sheer clamp - however, there is no sheer clamp on the Night Heron S&G. Any ideas?

2) This same diagram shows the bungee behind the backband being held in place by "cable clamps". These were not provided with the backband, does anyone know where I can get these?

Thanks

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Pulse Backband

I have no ıdea where you'd get the cable clamps but where I've needed to secure somethıng to a part that wasn't on the boat I epoxy a block to the inside of the boat and secure to that. You have to be careful to use the correct length screws or you'll go through the hull but otherwise is a simple fix.

I've also had to make little bits and pieces - for example to run the rudder lift line for a SmartTrak rudder I made small fairleads out of wood and epoxied them to the hull. I'd suggest you could make something similar for the backband bungee and glue it or screw it to a suitably placed block of plywood.

RE: Pulse Backband

on a night heron or any of the other boats that don't have a shear clamp, the straps that hold the back-band in place are attached to the cheek plates (sometimes also called hip braces).

these are glassed pieces of plywood  that extend from the bottom of the coaming into the hull of the boat.  you can through-bolt the strap into the hip braces.

it's not a great picture...but if you look at this link you will get the basic idea

http://www.oneoceankayaks.com/Wslrghtm/jpg17/S17-4.htm

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.