Well, somebody had to . . .

I kept reading John Harris saying he'd put the CLC sailrig on a WD 12 but I never saw anybody do it, at least I haven't seen any pictures of the combination. I haven't done it either but I have matched up a WoodDuck 14 with the sailrig. It seems to go very well although I've only given it one outing to look for immediate modifications which I'm working on now but I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Next time I take her out I'll take the GPS - I don't think she'll break any records but I doubt she'll be a slouch either. The colour I hear you say? I live in a small village called Turunç which is also the Turkish word for the Seville Orange. Turuncu is the Turkish word for orange so we thought we'd make look like it's at home. She's called Rocinante . . .

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Well, somebody had to . . .

Nice job and the color suits her!  Good luck and post some more pictures and data on her speed.

RE: Well, somebody had to . . .

Just FYI, my big ole' CT 41' yawl was named Rocinante. Had her in first in San Diego, CA and then in Jacksonville, FL. The name always helped me wonder what adventures lay just over the horizon and remined me not to get too pretentious.  I miss her - not sure if she's still afloat somewhere in the world, but I'd like to think so.  Have fun.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.