CLC sailboat meetup in Florida

�Hi I have a Northeaster Dory would like to meet other CLC sailors to sail with. I have been to Cedar Key meetups. But would like to meet other Florida wooden boat enthusiasts. Thanks for reading

20 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: CLC sailboat meetup in Florida

I'd be interested, date and location dependant.  This is if you would let me come!  I am about to build my 5th CLC kayak, but my boat os a Goat Island Skiff by Storer.  

���

���Hi yeah the GIS is a quick boat. I am over east Orlando what part of the state re you at?

Fleming Island, which is SW of Jax.

Hi ! I have a Northeaster Dory up here in Brunswick, GA - about 45 minutes north of JAX. Would be happy to meet anywhere in FL within a 3 hour radius. 

���Hello Mark and Professor, good to hear from you both. I have oy sailed in St Augustine on the Matanzas. So not familiar with North Florida region to much. I did take a bicycle tour beginning of June this year and came across the Mayport Ferry. That looked like a nice area.

I am building a SW Dory in Ft Lauderdale area and don't have any other boat yet.  Would be interested in meeting up with anyone who has one for sailing/learning.  Thanks.

I have a NE Dory and live east of Orlando near Sanford. I guess we need to figure out a tiime and place.

Hey rich im building a dory in boca , how far along are you?

I have the deck glued on ready to do the deck filets...

Hi gang, I am building a NE Dory in Stuart....

���Hello Dan in Sanford your maybe a 45 minute drive out. I am getting my trailer ready for the boat changed to 12 inch wheels and out new hubs and bunks few more things to complete

���Hello Dan in Sanford your maybe a 45 minute drive out. I am getting my trailer ready for the boat changed to 12 inch wheels and out new hubs and bunks few more things to complete

If anyone is interested contact at [email protected] for Florida sailing meetup. 

I'm in Merritt Island, no CLC boat yet but a few I'm drooling over when I have time to start building again. Thinking one of the dories, but Tenderly really speaks to me in that Swallows and Amazons kinda way. I have built an Ulua outrigger canoe that I'd bring out to sail if we get something together.

I've seen the Northeaster when CLC comes for the demo days each February to Kelly Park on the island just up the road for me. Would love to check out the sailing rig.

Jon

���Hi Flsail, Yes Merritt Island is very close to me and would be easy to organize a meetup. I use Bairs cove ramp, Kiwanis Island,, Jetty inlet both ramps, sometimes Biolab but it is really shallow, plus others boat ramps around the area. We live in a good place for these types of sailing and paddle craft, for sure. Ok hopefully we meet other boat enthusiasts thru this post. Have a good week.

Why not pick two or three dates and a location lets see if we can get enough people together for a meet-up. 

Even though I am still in the building process I would love to see evereyone else's boat and chat and share tips/techniques. It could even be open to all CLC built craft...

I could do Merritt Island area on a weekend, just under 3 hours away from Ft Lauderdale area...

���My Tenderly is almost ready to get wet. Just north of Orlando in Volusia. Rick

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.