Finished Sea Island Sport - High School Senior Project

I purchased plans only for a Sea Island Sport kayak for my son to build for a high school senior project. It took about 18 months total to collect all the materials and complete the build, but he completed it 2 days before graduation and actually took it to school for show and tell on graduation day open house. It was amazing, everyone loved it! He did most of the work, I offered guidance and helped get him out of a few potential disasters. Neither of us have done epoxy work, and I'm much better with right angles and machine tools than I am with organic shapes. In spite of that ,this was an awesome project and I would highly recommend it to anyone willing to dive in and tackle it.

Thank you CLC boats!

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finished Sea Island Sport - High School Senior Project

Congratulations on your new boat. Unfortunately, your picture is invisible to anyone without a google account, so all I see is a blank box with a broken link. 

You'll have a lot of fun with that boat, I'm sure. I tried one out at Okoumefest 2007 and had a blast. The stability is amazing and it's just so pretty with all those shapes.

Have fun,

Laszlo

RE: Finished Sea Island Sport - High School Senior Project

Thanks Lazlo! Hopefully this works now.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.

Follow us on Instagram: @clcboats & @clcteardrop