Finished Sea Island Sport - High School Senior Project

I purchased plans only for a Sea Island Sport kayak for my son to build for a high school senior project. It took about 18 months total to collect all the materials and complete the build, but he completed it 2 days before graduation and actually took it to school for show and tell on graduation day open house. It was amazing, everyone loved it! He did most of the work, I offered guidance and helped get him out of a few potential disasters. Neither of us have done epoxy work, and I'm much better with right angles and machine tools than I am with organic shapes. In spite of that ,this was an awesome project and I would highly recommend it to anyone willing to dive in and tackle it.

Thank you CLC boats!

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finished Sea Island Sport - High School Senior Project

Congratulations on your new boat. Unfortunately, your picture is invisible to anyone without a google account, so all I see is a blank box with a broken link. 

You'll have a lot of fun with that boat, I'm sure. I tried one out at Okoumefest 2007 and had a blast. The stability is amazing and it's just so pretty with all those shapes.

Have fun,

Laszlo

Thanks Lazlo! Hopefully this works now.

I am a student of paragon. I need suggestions for a final year project. do you know anything about paragon consultancy?

Do you provide me your projects list? I want to use it for my school projects.

Fantastic, Anduril! Con​grat​u​la​tions to your son for taking on the project and seeing it through to completion. Too often forums like this feel like they're cluttered with old folk (like me). It good to hear about young people interested in building and making.

Unfortunately though, I still can't see the pictures!

Is there away to post them without google? I had the same problem on my last post and ended up just posting links to them.

digger

digger,

This thread is 3 1/2 years old and I haven't found anything else he's posted since then.

As far as posting with google. you just need to make sure that your settings allow for maximum sharing with minimum restrictions and don't require the viewer to be logged in.

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.