Northeaster Dory

Mulling over names, "Northeaster Dory" wins.  Jack gets a free set of Dory plans (drop us a line). 
Works well;  "Nor'Easter" Dory was suggested, that being New England slang for, well, the Northeast, and more specifically, a peculiarly nasty weather pattern we get around here with cold winds off the ocean.  Which I'd rather ride out in a dory than a lot of other smallcraft, so there you are.  But we'll stick with "Northeaster" for the sake of non-Yankees and those not brought up on "Bert and I" comedy routines.
Kits and plans out on May 1st.  $1250 for the rowing version, at least to start.  A web page for the boat will be up shortly.
We're polishing our demo model for the Florida-Georgia-South Carolina tour;  don't miss it.

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Northeaster Dory

Not to be picky, but I've read of a (now deceased) gentleman who made it his purpose in life to correct the use of "nor'easter" . 

He contended that it had never been pronounced this way in the old days of sail. Perhaps since there is a sou'wester hat, someone thought it was salty to pronounce a northeaster storm in the same fashion, and others (weathermen especially) thought they were being salty and knowledgeable to use it. So now everyone says it that way. 

Don't know myself, but I feel sure he would be happy to see you spell --and pronounce too, now-- it the way you did. Perhaps his spirit had some influence on you.

I'm happy you liked "Northeaster". It just says dory to me. I'll pick up my plans at O'fest '09 and bring the boat to O'fest '10. SEEYA Jack

Whoa!!  I just clicked on Product Catalog and Sailboats and WOW!!...there is the Northeaster Dory in all of it's glory!  :-)

thats the rowing craft ive been waiting for! im already saving up for it,

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.