Tenderly XP

I just saw the Facebook posts of the Tenderly XP in action.  I've always had a soft spot for any piratical.  The addition of the flotation tank seats for safety and the aesthetic of the bowsprit really hits home for me.  Of course, this had to come out a month into my PM build.  I like the TXP so much I might actually consider selling my PM just to build it.  I can't wait for the plans to be available. 

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Tenderly XP

Thanks! We're actively seeking feedback and trying to gauge interest in the Tenderly XP. (The totality of market research comprised me saying, "This would be kinda fun.")

To preempt what will be a very common question: No, you can't transplant the Tenderly XP's sloop rig into a standard Tenderly. The two boats share a hull shape but almost nothing else. (The Tenderly's lug rig could be transplanted in the XP, FWIW.)

Tenderly XP

Hey John, thanks for the info!  Is there any chance that you'll be bringing the XP to Port Townsend this year?  The standard Tenderly was so good looking last year that it's almost making me regret my PM build.

Well, John sure does know how to get our blood pumping with full-bore boat lust using fine photos like these (and the Jimmy Skiff II) of fine boats boiling along with a stiff snootful of fine breeze.  I'll take one of each, please.... <;-)

But, hey, Cap'n'Scully, if the amount of attention our PMD Winkle gets is any indication, your PMD won't need to take a back seat to many other boats for good looks, and certainly not for all 'round handiness.

.....Michael

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.