Trailer for Tenderly

I'm nearing completion of my Tenderly and looking for a trailer.  Anybody have any experience with - or recommendation of - anything other than the Trailex 250?  Just looking at cheaper options, if they exist, without doing something I'll regret.  One possibility is the CE Smith small boat trailer for 10-12' boats, but which is rated for a lot heavier boat (and I don't know if that's bad).  Venture makes a smaller trailer - but also for much heavier boats - that I think will accommodate a 10' boat (http://venturetrailers.com/bunk.html#), but, again, I don't know about stuff like needed tongue weight and overall needed weight for a safe (less bouncy) ride.  Any ideas? or is the Trailex the only viable option?

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Trailer for Tenderly

I hate to admit it, but I've actually had really good luck with the cheap Harbor Freight folding trailers.  They have 12" wheels and 1000 pound payload.  I've used them to move, haul stuff to the dump, build a 16x20 shed, and haul boats and camping gear all over the PNW.  I got my $300 worth the first week I bought it.

I think Northern Tool has a similar trailer.

You know, I'd often wondered if one of those Harbor Frieght folding trailers would be a viable option for a boat pushing the envelope on being cartoppable.  Funny how that envelope gets smaller as one gets older...and wiser.  <;-)  Being able to get the whole business into one's garage and still have room left for a car would be lovely.  I'll have to think about that as an option for my PMD if I ever get to a place where I don't need a full-sized pickup to tow a 2900# catboat as well.

Thanks for sharing that, Cap'n Skully.

.....Michael

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.