Mill Creek hybrid deckbeam

I noticed in the manual photos that the deck beam seems to be laminated in a different orientation than what I found in my kit.  The plywood layers in the photos are oriented forward/aft whereas mine are oriented up/down.  I went back and looked at the kit part list to insure that I wasn't about to use a similar 2 pieces of okoume that were intended for another purpose and I don't see the deck beams pictured.  I also do not see the wooden tabs used to secure the carlins to the deck beam, either in my pile of parts or on the parts list.  Am I using the right pieces for the deck beam and am I to assume that I will be fabricating the wooden tabs myself out of leftover okoume?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mill Creek hybrid deckbeam

When I built mine, there was only one possible piece that was curved and could be used for the deck beam. I just looked, and mine was also laminated as you described, and not like the picture in the manual. I don't know what to say about the tabs, but they are small parts, about 3/4x3/4x2.

RE: Mill Creek hybrid deckbeam

I just started my Millcreek 16.5 Hybrid build- I found the tabs in a bag with the footbrace standoffs packed in the box containing the epoxy and fillers. I agree with AdamC- I can only find two pieces in my kit that fit the deckbeam description.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.