Mill reek 16.5

Im putting fillets and tape and I have a question. Do I put the 3 inch glass tape were the shear and bilge panel meet?

Thanks for any help

Eric

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mill reek 16.5

all major seams (e.g., the seam between the bottom and side panels) in addition to filleting, should be taped or glassed over.

some designs are fully glassed on the inside of the hull so they don't use tape becuase the interior glassing perform the same function as the tape.  other designs, just tape the seam and coat the remaining inside of the panels with epoxy.

so in a boat like the the mill creek, you would expect to seam tape down the middle seam (hull to hull) and the hull to shear (or side) panels.

your builders guide for the mill creek should specify the approach.

all the best, 

h

all major seams (e.g., the seam between the bottom and side panels) in addition to filleting, should be taped or glassed over.

some designs are fully glassed on the inside of the hull so they don't use tape becuase the interior glassing perform the same function as the tape.  other designs, just tape the seam and coat the remaining inside of the panels with epoxy.

so in a boat like the the mill creek, you would expect to seam tape down the middle seam (hull to hull) and the hull to shear (or side) panels.

your builders guide for the mill creek should specify the approach.

all the best, 

h

Thanks, I taped it. Should be stronger that way. 

Eric

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.