Just a suggestion

Hay John, I was looking at you gear store. You need to update your Tee shirts. I would buy a NE Dory shirt if you had one with the Lug sail pictured. You know, just an idea.

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Just a suggestion

Ha, that's funny because I'd buy a Passagemaker tee if it had the original gunter-sloop rig shown instead of the lug rig.  I used to sell t-shirts for a living.  The one thing you can count on is that someone always want what you don't have.

And some of us have been waiting since 2007 for the Wood Duck 12 shirt.

Laszlo

Petrel shirt please

I was surprised there was no Eastport T-shirt. (Prefer sailing version! :-) I'd buy one in a heart beat!

Frank 

Zazzle.com and you can put any picture you want and any words you want on the front and back of a custom T-shirt. You can even make it available for others if they want to buy a similar shirt. They always have sales, watch for their sales. I just ordered a custom iPhone case for my wife with her dog's picture on it and a case for my phone featuring me in my Chesapeake 16.  Both cases with shipping ran a total of $40. Mike 

Uh, HikeAZ, that would be stealing CLC's intellectual property.  You could maybe make one for yourself, but definitely not make them available for others.

I actually rip off almost all of the t-shirts I make, but they're for me.

I ripped off a Life Is Good sailing shirt that looks just like me in my Eastport Pram.

Image result for life is good sailing

I don't sell any of the T-shirts ect that I make on Zazzle, they are for my use and I am not a lawyer but I would like a better understanding. If I put a picture that I took, of a boat I built on a  T-shirt how is that CLC intellectual property. I am not selling the design, I am not selling the plans. If I enter their photo contest their rules say I still retain all rights to that photograph. They also state that entering gives them the right to use my photograph as they wish which implies that I own the rights to the photograph. I am not trying to be argumentative I am really trying to understand.  Mike 

Oh, I thought you were talking about taking the line drawings from the bottom of the boat's CLC page and printing that on a shirt.  If you're talking about a photo you took, then you're totally in the clear.  Sorry.

Passagemaker Standard

Actually, I did exactly that.  I wore it to the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival a few years ago...

Thanks Skully, I do not have a T with my Chesapeake on it but suspect I will in the near future. I have six kayaks and my Chesapeake is by far the favorite. When I do not have it on the water I just enjoy looking at it.

Mike   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.