Tenderly breast hook

I've been working on setting the breast hook into my Tenderly.  The kit manual includes a step to ensure the hook fits flush and snug against the top (7th) panels.  The instructions say to do a test fit and then transfer the angle of the 7th panel to the edges of the breast hook. 

I did the test fit... which was kinda scary because the hook physically shapes the bow (is a panel going to crack?  are my stitches going to hold?).  I took it slowly and got the hook against the panels... yay!  But... the hook also fits snugly against the top panels... it doesn't seem to need any shaping at all. 

So.... my question is: is the breast hook in the kit pre-shaped to conform to the panel angle?  Sure seems to be...

Thanks...

Jim

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Tenderly breast hook

If you're building from a kit, the angles on the breasthook and quarter knees are already correct right out of the box. I just put the breasthook in my tenth Tenderly kit a few hours ago and no adjustment was needed.

And yes, the breasthook really does push out the sides a lot, and is intended to do so.

Tenderly Dinghy

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.