Forum usability: must log in repeatedly?

Sorry if this is off topic / meta.

Every time I come to this site I have to log in. The server is writing cookies to the client so I'm not sure why it doesn't keep a session alive longer.

Was prompted to post this after I wrote up a post, clicked "Post Message" and was taken to the login screen with total data loss.

Wondering if it's just me and my browser's gone into tinfoil hat mode or something...

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Forum usability: must log in repeatedly?

Thanks for the note, John.  Yours is not the first report of an unexpectedly lost session in recent months.  I'll dig into the issue next week.  Appreciate the feedback! --Matt

Did you check the "remember me" button?

"Remember me" been checked on the log-in page I see every time I come here again; I have to log in anew each & every time, unless I leave an active session open in a hidden browser window to return to.

Lost posts have happened to me enough elsewhere I now key in posts in a text app then copy/paste before submitting... I don't lose nothin' this way.

Matt helped me with log-in problems, the settings I had on blocking third-party cookies were keeping me from logging in. I allowed third-party cookies for this site and it's back to normal.

I have a similar issues.

Also when typing if I hit "return" it brings the cursor back to the beginning,  instead of bumping it to the next line.  Yeah, I know, dont hit return, just keep typing and the cursor moves for you.   Its petty, but I like to start on a new line sometimes.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.